South Brunswick Charter School is a free, public school open to all children in the State of North Carolina.
No fees or tuition are ever charged for admission.
SBC School Features
- Tuition-free, open enrollment public school.
- Scenic, 45 acre campus located off Hwy 211 halfway between Southport and Supply.
- Replicate campus of Charter Day School in Leland, which is currently and consistently the top scoring school in Brunswick County on state EOG tests.
- Diverse student populations.
- Uses research-based, proven Direct Instruction teaching method.
- Proven, rigorous Classical curriculum including Latin, Cursive, and Composition.
- Intensive new-hire training.
- Continuous in-service monitoring to evaluate and optimize instruction.
- Accelerated learning program reviews individual student performance. data to promote qualifying students to advanced studies on a subject -by-subject basis.
- Prioritizes the use positive reinforcement in teaching and classroom management.
- Student uniforms and professional teacher dress requirements.
- Varied extracurricular activities.
- Year-round schedule provides quarterly, three-week breaks for students.
- Regular parent surveys conducted.
- Annual, third-party financial audits conducted.